Triangle Away vs Samsung

The Samsung Galaxy Note and Samsung Galaxy S III update for Triangle Away I have just released, may be one of the last - if not the last - iteration of Triangle Away.

History

These past few years, Samsung has been very kind to us power users. We have been able to modify most of our Galaxy series devices as much as we wanted, without silly roadblocks as locked bootloaders and such.

With the Galaxy S II, Samsung introduced a custom kernel flash counter and custom kernel warning triangle. This is where Triangle Away came in - it reset the flash counter and removed the warning triangle.

On the Galaxy Note, Samsung tried hiding the data once more, so Triangle Away would not work.

On the Galaxy S III (among other new devices), Samsung has gone a step further, and has introduced a background service that runs on your device and checks for things such as a modified /system, apps running with root access, etc.

For the moment, this service does not do anything malicious, but who knows what the future will bring ? Tracking of IMEI's that have ever ran root, disabling of services, etc ?

Custom ROMs, root, bricks, and warranty

I am not sure what the reason is Samsung wants to track all this. My reason for wanting to "break" their tracking is one thing: warranty.

Being able to run the software I want on devices I own without losing hardware warranty should be a right by law. As for as I can see, there's only two ways you can really break your device with root access:

(1) overclocking to the point where hardware is damaged
(2) flashing nonsense to your bootloader partitions

I'm not sure how to handle (1). I personally never overclock - and I don't think it's strange to deny overclockers warranty. Surely this must be preventable in the hardware. Case number (2) however is wholly Samsung's fault. Adam Outler has shown time and again that these devices are perfectly able to be made unbrickable - so any bootloader brick is IMHO Samsung's fault. If Adam Outler can prevent the situation with a soldering iron, the original design is broken.

Regardless, hardware should be under warranty - if I have my device rooted or not. Leaked service center documents show that devices should be checked for root, and if present, deny warranty. (This is not just Samsung, all the major OEMs do this.)

That is simply unacceptable. Any OEM following that policy is a bad OEM - in some countries this may even be an unlawful practise (though good luck winning in court). HTC has once refused to replace a defective digitizer on my HTC Diamond (a common hardware issue with this device) due to HSPL being present. They claimed HSPL had irreversibly damaged the mainboard, and the entire innards of the device would have to be replaced. Riiiiight.

Root by itself is not a crime, nor a pointer that a device is broken in any way that should not fall under warranty. But in the eyes of the OEMs it seems we are criminals.

If the purpose of the tracking is related to corporate security and such, I can see why Samsung would want to lock down further. I can certainly understand that, though I don't necessarily agree.

The future

I'm not necessarily against (on-device only) flash tracking, but it would have to come with a guarantee from Samsung that hardware issues will not be denied warranty just because a device is running custom software.

If we had that, we would not have to break these counters and trackers, and corporate security and such would not be broken.

However, every iteration Samsung is making the breaking a little more difficult. Even if Samsung doesn't come up with such a guarantee as mentioned above, it is the question if it is wise to keep breaking these "mild" protections.

I've seen a lot of people (users, commenters, posters, non-techs?) claim Samsung's security is currently weak, and that us hackers are so much better. Let me put one thing straight before going further: Samsung engineers aren't stupid. The reason we currently break these protections so easily is because they want it to be breakable easily. Once that changes, and they start employing full encryption and whatnot, we - the powerusers - will be royally screwed.

The question then becomes, do we play this game of incremental security until we end up with locked devices, or do we choose to live without warranty in exchange for our devices being dead easy to modify ?

And thus we come full circle - if Samsung goes another step further in protecting their custom flash data, will I even attempt to bypass it ? Should I ? A big part of me thinks not.

There's always hope Samsung will do the right thing and provide hardware warranty even with modified software, but somehow I doubt this will happen any time soon.

There's also the possibility that Samsung will not make the next iteration better protected. After all, how many people really use Triangle Away anyway ? I would estimate there are about 50 000 unique Triangle Away users - on 50 million or so possibly supported Galaxy devices, its effect is relatively little.

Comments

Posted by Niel on 04-06-2012 at 21:39:43
Personally I dont really care about the triangle, nor the warranty. Vote would be to leave it alone and live with the small annoyance. Agreed that the warranty, for most, is an issue, but personally I dont care. I never have a device that I expected to keep for very long. I have brickef one device beyond recoverable, completely my fault by formatting the device (HTC Dream) no jtags or similar was ever found to recover from this (device wouldnt even react to powerswitch) That device is now a 'toy" for my children.
Posted by dynamohum on 04-06-2012 at 21:47:55
Very good points. Like you I don't care much about the triangle, but the fact that Samsung is making such a point of highlighting that a device which I 100% own has had some "unofficial" software installed on it breaks my trust with the company. I'm grateful for people like yourself who produce software that lets us expand the usefulness of the hardware we own. Samsung shouldn't be so petty.
Posted by Jan Boxma on 04-06-2012 at 21:49:09
Maybe we as users should take the risk of no warranty or risk not having great custom software.
Posted by John Buchanan on 04-06-2012 at 22:06:04
This is a computer that thinks it is a phone. Should we be wrong and not have warranty of our personal computer hardware if we change the OS ?
Posted by feedback on 04-06-2012 at 23:17:13
Well, I can say two things:

a) we might never know why they all want our data. Everybody fights for this nowadays. I installed a Stop Watch - the most basic possible app - and it required Internet permission!! Hm.

It could be for statistics only (I mean if they see people rooting more and more, maybe they will open the devices even more).
It could be to have a global overview on how things are going.
It could be for money so that they can sell the profiles etc.

But we can also use them and their devices until they screw up with full encryption and so on then we switch to some other open things. Since we pay big money for powerful things, there will always be somebody that will sell to this market what this market wants. For now, Samsung appears to give easy root (I'm sure its not easy though) but they want private details in return.
Well, for our private details we will probably soon ask a lot of money in return!

b) So I say, please continue with triangle away. As long as it goes, it is fun (as long as some people buy it).

c) what is the name of the background service ?
Posted by ed on 05-06-2012 at 01:29:32
I preffer to live without warranty in exchange for our devices being dead easy to modify.
But I agree that hardware warranty shouldn't be broken by software,
HP allow we to disassemble notebooks and still have warranty, why a only the software cut off the warranty in phones.
Posted by ed on 05-06-2012 at 01:29:33
But I agree that hardware warranty shouldn't be broken by software,
Posted by Silverbolt on 05-06-2012 at 04:06:52
I agree, we pay good money to own these devices so we should have the right to do what we want with the software but still retain hardware warranty.
Why is out Vodafone or Telecom can put their brand specific software on but we, the device owners cannot?
Posted by Chuong on 05-06-2012 at 09:39:23
Hardware warranty should only be about boards, transistors and other "hard" parts found in a phone - it should not be about the software. Otherwise, PC manufacturers could claim that Microsoft software et al break your PC hardware's warranty when their software stuffed up. If that's the case, then no-one will buy any software - even custom ones. It defeat the purpose of having separate hardware and software warranties.

I doubt if they will block their devices' service layer with full encryption algorithm (AES, Blowfish, etc). If they do, someone else in the industry will become No. 1 when they offer fully customisable hardware [via software solutions] for their clients.

Just my 2 cents worth. :)
Posted by Pablo on 05-06-2012 at 09:51:40
I believe this is a bad trend in Android world, it means companies like Samsung are starting to think like Apple, jailbroken devices should get no warranty at all. This kind of software lockdown is unethical and should be declared unlawful. If we take this for granted soon HP will refuse to replace your dead laptop drive because you installed a pirated game.
They should just instead focus in tracking overclocked devices, and engineering a bootloader or whole flash emergency recovery procedure that is doable by the end user, restoring only original authorized Samsung software and requiring this to be done before a device warranty can be claimed.
Posted by Tim on 05-06-2012 at 12:37:36
Ok now im must coment that:
First: Chainfire thanks to your development of Kernels - the first thing i flash was your root Kernel ;)
Second: I HATE things where i lose my warranty just because of stupid Engineers who dont want to repair the evice just because they want to save a bit money.

That makes me sad :(
Posted by Ron on 05-06-2012 at 15:25:42
@feedback on 04-06-2012 at 23:17:13:

maybe the stopwatch app needs internet for displaying ads? Sound about right to me :)

Furthermore, I don't really care about Samsung tracking the number of customs ROMS flashed on my device, as long as that they don't use that anoying triangle. Keep it somewhere logged where it doesn't annoy the user.

Changing the software on any kind of hardware should not mean you lose warranty on the hardware (unless you as manufacturer can provide proof that the software really broke some part due to overclocking or something like that).
Posted by Krzysiek on 05-06-2012 at 19:49:57
seems like Samsung got tired of all that crap floating xda (i think biggest android dev forum) and other 'dev' forums. on each actual innovation/developement/modification/port there are 25 poorly made copies that make phone unstable as hell == final user experience is crap so user expierience with samsung is very bad

while the real developer releases tested stable version so updates are rare on of those copypaste-devs makes 10 versions a day drawing attention of unexperience users by his activity - while the person who originally created something fades away in that ocean of crap :)

that is why the service checks for /system/ modiffications on the other hand monitoring or preventing root is a no go for any oem and i do not think samsung will head this way. this must be rather a tool for particulaar caarriers with they 'special needs' than some valhaalla banhammer for us :)
Posted by Rayner Da Cruz on 05-06-2012 at 20:34:43
Completely agree with you on the Custom ROMs, root, bricks, and warranty section!!!! Get a Xiaomi phone dual core snapdragon s3! factory unlocked boot loader! HALF THE PRICE OF AN SGS2!
Posted by ccc on 06-06-2012 at 00:32:50
"However, every iteration Samsung is making the breaking a little more difficult"

What changes are you talking about? The ability to modify hidden boot partitions for example which would allow you to reset things like flash counters?

"Once that changes, and they start employing full encryption and whatnot, we - the powerusers - will be royally screwed"

Full encryption to what? the whole system or just parts where information such as triangle and flash counter is stored? Why would Samsung want to lock the whole OS?
Posted by Chadz88@XDA on 06-06-2012 at 02:21:48
I read something about galaxy s 3, it was talking about this service, a chip in the hardware, capable to detect any malycious change, to prevent future phones (witch will be able to pay instead of your credit card, even without code) to get stollen from the net.
THIS THING FOR NOW IS ONLY FOR SAFE TRANSACTION, IF YOU GO TO JAPAN OR SOUTH KOREA AND FRANCE(LILLE ONLY) THEY ARE ALREADY USING THIS TECHNOLOGY
Posted by Johannes on 06-06-2012 at 05:27:37
I understant your point. I think that it's wrong not to keep warranty on device for example when you.get a dead pixel on your screen or some else situations in wich customising software wont help. If your phone malfunctions in a way that it's possible to use and run triangle away it's no harm for samsung. 50 000/5000 000 is just one percent anyway.
Posted by emef on 06-06-2012 at 08:28:22
Samsung should remember the past: if the world was flooded with "PC", it's because he was an "open" architecture, unlike the "Mac" once. They (Samsung) sell the machines, not software!
Following that, I can not support overclocking.
Posted by Roger Brahmson on 08-06-2012 at 00:09:38
There may be another issue -- DRM. Could content providers require in their agreements with OEMs and Telcos that content serving be disabled on rooted devices? Sure they can (and some already do). So the question is, is Samsung slowly making its devices more appealing to the content providers (directly when Samsung signs a distribution deal) or indirectly (by offering an option to the telcos)?

For this reason alone, I recommend that Triangle Away be enhanced. But eventually this arms race will end in their favor. The service on GS3 should be of major concern.
Posted by beto_nl on 08-06-2012 at 09:43:19
A background service to monitor changes on your own device? Something like: "Big brother is watching you"?

Is that even legal?

I think I read this article too fast....let me read it again
Posted by mirhan on 08-06-2012 at 13:29:46
Triangle away i9100g pls..
Posted by David Sweet on 09-06-2012 at 09:32:19
I think it is completely unethical not to allow you to use your device with any software you see fit. What is needed is a law to prevent manufacturers making unreasonable warranty conditions. Samsung would not refuse a hardware warranty claim on my netbook if I replaced Windows XP with Windows 7.
Posted by Mark on 09-06-2012 at 12:36:21
So OK to a custom counter but no to a triangle!
Posted by Christian Voigt on 11-06-2012 at 07:11:44
I use Triangle Away just for the look of it. But that is plain silly, I reboot maybe once a week, I really should not care. I have never had any problems with warranty, even with my rooted phones. I pay about 50$ a month for mobile services, I think they just don't want to loose my business *g

As soon as samsung starts to use background services to track the use of root and try to stop me from using my phone, I'll stop using those particular products. There will always be an alternative.

I can understand why they want to count these things though, and I could understand my phone being excluded from drm stuff. Would be no problem. But why the triangle? Why not just some notification in the info screen or something ;-)
Posted by Libre As In Liberty on 13-06-2012 at 22:16:30
Great article. I fully agree with the idea that a warranty should become void if hardware is damaged as a result of over clocking, as well as flashing a corrupt boot loader.

What would be wonderful, would be for all manufacturers to implement fully open boot loaders, and to allow firmware modification to still fall under the warranty. Maybe if the boot loader was modified, then the warranty would be void.

Remember. Samsung, and all manufactures have to do research and development, which is a timely and costly process. Ideally, it would be wonderful for them to put time and money in to testing different boot loaders, and thus, in the future, they could approve, and even support, many different, non-default boot loaders.

Custom firmware images have come from free, community supported software. A manufacturer such as Samsung is one entity trying to compete with other profit driven manufactures. With the sales of approximately nine million, for the Samsung Galaxy S3 alone, there is little to encourage Samsung to start implementing policies, and practices to consider making it's customers more free from their the restrictions Samsung implements.

I'd support a petition to encourage Samsung to (at least) implement an unlocked boot loader, and support hardware faults, even with devices that have custom firmware images (possibly excluding over clocking damage).

We cannot continue this ping pong match of hardware restrictions by the manufacturer, and then then the community working out how to try to bypass it.

We need to work as a community to encourage, and push Samsung (and all manufacturers) to give their customers/users the freedom to use the device bloatware free, with Root access, and/or a non-standard operating system.

This change of policy, ethics, and technology will not come from Samsung themselves, as they are at present, due to the nature of their business. Organizing a change in the culture lead by the community is a strength we have against large companies.

Please reply, as to how we go about socially, culturally, and even politically changing companies, and the whole industry to more to a more free, choice based environment.

What are people's thoughts?
Posted by Speedcore909 on 14-06-2012 at 18:45:57
I can live without a warranty!
Posted by Libre As In Liberty on 14-06-2012 at 22:38:27
It's possible to live without contraception, but at least there is protection with it!
Posted by NexusCrazy on 15-06-2012 at 22:44:54
Maybe Samsung just want to get a good understanding of what percent of its smartphone customers are rooting/flashing custom ROM's. As for warranty its sad if Samsung really do deny warranty for running a custom OS.

However about 10-12 months ago I flashed a custom sense ROM on to my Samsung Nexus S and it screwed the IMEI number behond repair by myself and the community so I flashed it back to stock re-locked the bootloader and sent it of to Samsung for repair. I got it back about 10 days later fixed and with the bootloader unlocked :-) I'm sure they sent it back this way to let me know they knew it had been modified, but the main thing is they repaired it under warranty and at the time it was open knowledge that Samsung didn't refuse warranty just because you'd flashed a custom ROM on one of there smartphones. If things really have changed over the last 12 months then its sad really sad.

My 2 cents worth.
Posted by Demon on 19-06-2012 at 23:52:09
I bought an O2 SGS2, and I hate the branding etc. Plus you have to wait longer for "their version" of software updates, and I want them now! :-)

I installed a completely stock (I hope), unbranded version of ICS 4.0.3, as I do not, at this stage, want anything fancy on my phone. I also rooted my phone so I could use adfree to cut down on data usage inhibited by "free" software. So, in essence, my phone is just like it came out the box, with a little "stop humping my data" thrown in, so should not be penalized for it :-(

I do not frack around with hardware overclocking etc, I am battery conscious :-) besides, I have a pc for that :-D

Demon :-)
Posted by transendenz on 23-06-2012 at 09:51:04
GT–I9100G support pls
Posted by Elvereign on 25-06-2012 at 16:51:44
Strong evidence that supports CF vs. Sammy, there's no Triangle working on ALE 'E' version of SGS3 released last Sun. in Korea.

Today I noticed my device's defect unable to off Wi-Fi even after the factory full wipe, so regardless of my flash counter I'll visit SVC tomorrow morning anyway and see if Sammy gives me new one. I strongly agree with you and end-users should control their own device, and there's no evil in the root access but malicious user himself is.

I'll say your words instead of you guys and post the afterwards.
Posted by Elvereign on 26-06-2012 at 02:09:35
Got a new device regardless of flash count. ;) there's no void warrranty!
Posted by Ahmet on 30-06-2012 at 09:19:13
GT–I9100G support pls
Posted by z0phi3l on 03-07-2012 at 02:57:34
As long as iTards keep allowing Apple to tell them what they can do with their devices, so will the other OEMs try to gain such control, everything Apple does is essentially anti competitive and yet people still waste millions of dollars on their overpriced toys, the OEMs see that, they want a piece of the pie, those of us that root and modify our devices are sadly a minority of Android users, so they try to keep us from fully enjoying our devices.

Bottom line, as long as Apple is making money, we will be forced to deal with thing we should not have to if the market were fair and balanced, or till one day Apple goes belly up
Posted by shrike1978 on 03-07-2012 at 16:18:15
The United States has the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act of 1975 that prevents manufacturers from being able to deny warranty claims due to 3rd party modifications when the modification did not cause the problem. Trouble is, this was originally passed in the context of automotive warranties and replacement parts. It does not specifically apply to automobiles, and has been applied to other hardware systems (computers with aftermarket sound cards, for example), but it is notoriously untested on embedded software systems like smartphones. A layman's reading of it would suggest that that interpretation would be within the spirit of the law, but without someone being willing to fight it, it will never be applied that way. When it comes to something like a $30k car, it's easy to justify fighting. When it's a $500 phone, it's just not worth the hassle and potential court costs.
Posted by Andrei on 04-07-2012 at 23:40:02
"Once that changes, and they start employing full encryption and whatnot, we - the powerusers - will be royally screwed."

Tbh, it's more like they are screwed, since the powerusers will just go back to using Google's Nexus devices and be done with it, regardless if Samsung's device has better hardware...
Posted by Sweet Counters Manufacturers on 05-07-2012 at 09:45:26
Ensign India - We manufacture, trade and retail various kinds of Commercial Kitchen Equipments including Display Cabinets, Freezers/ Chillers, Coolers, Fast Food Counters, Exhaust & Fresh Air System, Kitchen Equipment Manufacturer, Sandwich Griller etc.
Posted by Zack on 07-07-2012 at 09:08:03
I would just like it to be made for the I747M first, then I'd be so happy.
Posted by Amer Sahibzada on 08-07-2012 at 01:16:49
Please come out with one more update for the american versions such as the sgh i747. I would sincerely appreciate it!
Posted by Proxcee on 08-07-2012 at 22:00:23
I totally understand the implications of creating another version the concept of incremental security but my opinion is this...who is to say that by not upping the ante and creating another method for resetting the binary counter for US variants that Samsung won't decide to improve upon their security with the next iteration of phones anyway? GS4? I say...go for it.
Posted by Carl on 15-07-2012 at 00:31:02
Pleassseeee!! Make a last one for the i747M!! Pleassse! :)
Posted by reactor on 15-07-2012 at 07:42:43
The architecture needs to be standardised, so that the hardware and OS can be chosen independently. Like buying a pc, I can choose either Windows or Linux, WindowsXP or Windows7, etc.
But maybe Samsung want to go like apple, maybe they really do want to be another apple clone...
Posted by Imran on 15-07-2012 at 08:27:47
I agree with all of your points but I really do hope that you decide to update Triangle Away for one last time to make us US S3 users happy.
Posted by jbr7rr on 17-07-2012 at 08:50:49
I personally think the android OEMs have become more opener
to custom software, I still remember the motorola milstone
wich was almost unflashable... also the HTC Hero was also hard to root
(compared to most devices nowadays)

In a way i still think they arent open enough, but its becoming better,
If i lose my warranty by flashing custom software? Well ill just try to get my warranty anyway.
Posted by fireboypr on 17-07-2012 at 14:57:31
I truly appreciate what you've done so far. Also I would love to see an update for the GS3. I'm willing to put $40 to start a BOUNTY and I'm sure a lot of people will add some cash. So please consider working on it. Thanks in advance!
Posted by Chainfire on 17-07-2012 at 18:45:24
Actually SGS3 US support is not absent for the reasons described here. It uses a different chipset and a completely different method. This is also the reason the SGS2 I9100G model is not supported by Triangle Away. I have looked at it but so far I'm not sure how it works yet. I know that it is actually possible to reset it though. I will look at it again when I get back from my vacation.

I can't promise anything though!
Posted by Totallydubbedhd on 19-07-2012 at 00:00:48
Hey CF!
That, i must say was a great read.
I do agree that, like you, I'm against companies, say like verizon locking their devices down. However, when i make videos, when i write guides, i not only do it for myself, but do it for others, so that it helps them.

What my point it here cf, is that, i would like to see you continuing development in triangle away, for example.
Just because Samsung, or any other person or company tells you or makes it hard, doesn'tmean that you, the creator of an app, guide, video, should stop what you are doing.
At the end of the day, see it as helping those that need to send it in for warranty, rather than see it as a stand against Samsung.

Hope that made sense...
-Totallydubbedhd
Posted by Matt on 20-07-2012 at 14:35:10
I would love for you to keep making these programs.

If I'm rooting my device and installing custom software my warranty should remain ok.

However, if my hardware fails, the first thing I'm going to do is stick the stock FW back on and unroot ready to get my warranty and device back. This is a £500 phone and I can't afford to be buying a new one
Posted by Qverse on 21-07-2012 at 21:48:00
Thanks CF, I like you, Feel strongly against companies to dictate, say like verizon or sprint locking their devices down especially if one pays full price on these.

Your continuing development in triangle away and all your work
Just because Samsung, or any other person or company tells you or makes it hard, doesn't mean that you, the creator of an app or help with info. I see it as helping those that need to send it in for warranty, rather than see it as a stand against Samsung OR THE CARRIERS. Thank you
Posted by madtroll on 26-07-2012 at 22:43:28
If someone bought a computer and was told that uninstalling windows and installing linux would void your warranty no one would stand for it.

Cell phone manufacturers are doing this people are letting them.
Posted by MIGz on 26-07-2012 at 22:47:51
Stop me if I'm wrong, I'm still somewhat of a noob... But isnt android suposed to be open source??? meaning any 1 with the know how is encourage to create/modify the software??? It just sounds so stupid to me to put up so many restrictions on something based on open source. We buy the product why cant we enhance it. Instead of fighting against the comunity, that in more cases then not, produce better software then what they come up with, they should be greatful. I know there is a lot of ppl using there rooted phone to slide off with lets say free tethering (which can also be argued against). They should focuse on locking down things like that instead of locking the phone down completly. I am pretty sure if they will show there gratitude and start making phone that are easy to alter they will see a rise of sales. I personally and many of my friends look at a product when its first announced and immediatly discus the potential it can have but know how these companies are going to mess things up and lock this and dat out.

well thats just my 2cents
Posted by bluerwin on 19-08-2012 at 09:13:43
Do TriangleAway is available for Samsung S5830
Posted by Paul on 23-08-2012 at 00:55:35
Hello there chainfire designers !

I am serviceman of one of bigges cell phones services in Poland.
In most cases, if customers comming to me with problem "what to do if i have phone on guarantee, but i have custom rom ?" i officially downloaded on their's devices Triangle away, and cleaned rom counter. BUT ! u don't solved problem of f.ex. custom rom counter on i9000 or i9001, where most of my customers were placing cyanogenmod 9, that is ICS 4.0.4.. Please, solve problem of crash yours ap on galaxy and galaxy +

greetings from Poland,
Paul, "Haloo gsm" service
Posted by zen on 29-08-2012 at 20:26:16
Please release TriangleAway for mid-range Samsung smartphones. Thanks
Posted by asmen5 on 31-08-2012 at 19:11:48
thanks
Posted by elattar94 on 11-09-2012 at 20:40:17
please i want this program for samsung galaxy ace plus thanks alot chainfire you are the best
Posted by zmalqpal on 16-09-2012 at 07:49:43
My device is SHV-E110S Galaxy S2 LTE running 4.0.4 in Korea.I really want to use this app.Can you make it surpport my device?
Posted by perrodelinfierno69 on 07-10-2012 at 13:34:30
Great work! Please, I would be very happy that you will make a version for Samsung Note II GT-N7100. Thank you very much!
Posted by sampath on 07-10-2012 at 19:45:01
Great link!

I followed it until I came to here:
--- Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T
I get this message when I run TriangleAway:

"Magic header not found,
Incompatible Device?"

I am using a AT&T Samsung Galaxy SIII
I am following the link :

I tried to buy it but having issues with google wallet and AT&T billing address which is not allowing me to buy from playstore, Kindly help me out chainfire I am worried about my new phone I just bought it a week ago. Thanking You.
Posted by sampath on 07-10-2012 at 20:10:26
I changed my build.prop file for samsung galaxy s3 at&t version kindly help me to get it as original . I update 3 values :

ro.product.model=htc_jewel
ro.product.name=htc_jewel
ro.product.device=htc_jewel

kindly help me to know what are the original values for these to be configured i haven't took backup while i am changign nwo i am suffering a lot kindly help me out chainfire please.
Posted by mac on 08-10-2012 at 06:26:35
Please keep up with your work. Guys like you are a godsend to people like me with marginal programming skills who otherwise love to tinker with their gadgets and make them truly theirs. I'm glad to be a paying customer to your software.
Posted by leebem on 16-10-2012 at 08:59:57
Hello
This message to request offering to apologize first.

I galaxy s3 users in South Korea.
Is my galaxy s3 Model M440S
I would like to use. TriangleAway application

Model that supports only SHV-E210S, SHV-E210K
M440S Model Korea exists.

M440S is a model for the 3G model.
Support on this product, please ask.

Always appreciated.
Broken English Thanks for watching.
Posted by flicker89 on 16-10-2012 at 15:33:12
Any chance to have this great app working on Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070?
Posted by note on 18-10-2012 at 10:54:37
hello,

I would like to use. TriangleAway application

Galaxy Note 10.1 N8005 (in Turkey)

help please
Posted by Amon Ra on 19-10-2012 at 07:01:32
It is planned to support Galaxy Ace 2 i8160?
Posted by TriadWarfare on 27-10-2012 at 10:25:38
It appears that Samsung stepped up the game further with their release of the Galaxy Note 2 N-7100.

You're correct about the primary reason why Samsung implemented this 'feature'. However, Samsung does also have valid reasons for implementing this. If a device gets hard-bricked due to firmware flashing, Samsung will have to replace the motherboard. If an irresponsible flasher hard-bricks their Samsung device, since it's under warranty, Samsung will have to replace it for free. If that irresponsible flasher hard-bricks the device again for the same hack, Samsung will still have to honor the flasher's warranty.

What Flashing can damage:
-The EFS partition (requires motherboard replacement)
-eMMC partition table (somehow related to the eMMC bug; hardbricks the device if damaged; requires motherboard replacement)
-The kernel. (Could prevent the phone from starting up)

I wish Samsung would allow rooting as it's less invasive than a custom firmware. However, Samsung wants to protect its own (and Google's) interests.
Posted by farside on 27-10-2012 at 16:33:15
II want Afghans to Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 Thanks.
Posted by farside on 27-10-2012 at 16:34:21
I want Install to Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 Not Work Thanks.
Posted by Chainfire on 28-10-2012 at 21:11:35
@TriadWarfare

Indeed they did. It still works as expected if you're just running stock kernel/recovery and root, though. It's only a problem if you run custom firmwares. As such, they are more friendly to just root than custom firmwares.

I do not plan to get around these new measures - you can use Triangle Away, but the counter will only stick to 0 if you're running stock+root - else it will auto-increment to 1 at every boot.
Posted by bobby on 30-10-2012 at 16:06:49
thank you for all your apps, nice work.Just rooted today for the first time S2 with cf-root, on 4.0.3 xxlpw7, bought triangleaway, supersu pro , and all are good.
nice.
Posted by for details on 31-10-2012 at 10:11:40
You have posted a very relevant comparison and review on your blog. Samsung was on the way of growth that no other handset makers were able to achieve with this pace. The response for the changes that Samsung brought out was easily accepted by the consumers.
Posted by Jorge on 02-11-2012 at 00:49:13
Any plans to support for Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 ?

Thnks !
Posted by Vineet on 02-11-2012 at 14:44:49
Any updates for using with Galaxy S Duos?
S7562?

Also, Thanx for the wonderful app. :)
Posted by Gazz on 08-11-2012 at 23:06:12
Hey Chainfire would you mind taking a look at this post?
seems to be a "new custom binary counter"
Posted by Sad_rooter on 09-11-2012 at 20:04:17
Humm I'm currently facing this: I've simply rooted MY device and cannot have OTA. Why the hell?
Samsung: this is my first device from you. I paid 600 euros (twice the price of my laptop).
I had the plan to move my complete familly to your SAMSUNG phones and buy 2 SAMSUNG TV.

I don't mind some bugs in touchwizz or whatever people complain and was really suporting you in your success but since this small "modified", I'm really wondering if I should really change all my device as I am scared of the future with you. So I'm looking at other vendors which I did not do for 6 months.

I'd be okay for voiding warranty for overclocking, and I would even accept voiding warranty for custom rom, I cannot accept not being able to be "administrator" on my machines (That would block me for my galaxy tab with a custom rom but I only rooted my galaxy S3)

If my phone has a slight hardware problem and the warranty does not work, I'll put my thousand euros somewhere else and spread the word as much as I can on all my websites.

People, spread the word.

Not my style to rant, threat or even post but Play clear, I really like your devices, that would annoy me to move to something else.

ChainFire, my devices thank you ;)
Posted by winson on 16-11-2012 at 09:06:40
don't work at i9100g Samsung galaxy s2g
Posted by Mahrenballz on 21-11-2012 at 18:13:55
Ok I first have to say that I seriously have mad respect for devs like Chainfire, who essentially give us the freedom to protect ourselves from these manufacturers. It's extremely hard for me not to become irrational when talking about a subject like this, because it's ridiculous how much stuff some of these manufacturers get away with, just because they can. I'm not talking about Samsung in specific though, because I'm still a fan of their overall openess to us "power users". It's just so many companies in the past (and recently) have shown just how greedy they can be, by literally forcing people to spend money when they blatantly don't have to, and they do it because they can get away with it. In my opinion that's not only unethical, but in reality it should be viewed as a crime. By their logic, apparently it's ok to take money from a blind person, as long as they don't realize it! For example when Motorola released their Atrix along with the laptop dock, they blatantly designed it so that whenever you used the laptop dock your wifi functionality was TURNED OFF, in order to FORCE people into using their data plans instead! Even though the device was clearly capable of using wifi, they blatantly turned it off in order to force people into using a more expensive data plan instead. It's simply amazing to me that these companies can get away with that, and it's because the "majority" of people don't know any better. But it's NOT because people are "stupid, the majority of people just don't have the technical knowledge to understand what's being done to them. We're not renting these devices from these companies, so why on earth do they think they should have the right to tell me what I can and cannot do with it? If you took that same scenario and put it with anything else, such as a buying a car, people would lose their minds! Let's say you pay $40,000 cash for a car that you now OWN, then you decide you'd rather put your own stereo in it instead of the factory radio, imagine if there was a padlock on the factory radio because they say you CAN'T change it! How is that any different from wanting to remove the ridiculous attempts these carriers and manufacturers make that try to FORCE me into spending money, from a device that I OWN? Instead of recognizing that there are some people who would like to protect themselves from their blatant attempts to screw them, these manufacturers and carriers instead try to spin it off like we're the criminals! It's mind boggling to me how people (especially Apple's Izombies) can literally be so blind to what's being done to them, they'll defend these companies that are doing it to them! If you take that same Apple "fanboy", and do the exact same thing to them except on there car instead, they'd be the first people screaming injustice and filing lawsuits! Anyway that's just my vent on these manufacturers who stop at nothing to milk every last penny out people by any means necessary, and then they have the audacity to get "upset" when we try to defend ourselves by rooting our devices that we OWN! It's actually so ridiculous it becomes comical to me, because all I can do is laugh about it or I'll wind up losing my mind LOL. To be rational though, Samsung for one (so far) has been very generous to our community, especially when compared to Apple and Motorola, so I'm trying to not jump to any conclusions yet about these flash counters. Like Chainfire said, they're not stupid by any stretch, so they could've put the hammer down long ago, if they chose to do so. From what I've read so far Sammy has granted warranties even on device with tripped flash counters, so imo that's a good sign. I'm hopeful that they continue to be open minded when it comes to our community though, because we're not all just malicious "pirates" like some companies want everyone to think. They just don't want to lose the ability to take advantage of people the way they have been imo, and it's effin ridiculous! Ok sorry I'm done now!
Posted by Unfortune Heaven on 10-12-2012 at 13:01:11
The touchscreen never responds after I ran triangleaway 2.36 !!! How to do?
Posted by bhat on 12-12-2012 at 15:35:05
i have rooted samsung galaxy s dous
but i cant mount sd card cant move apps to sd card .
is here some thing new for my samsung galaxy s dous 7562
Posted by primusmagestri on 18-12-2012 at 21:48:43
first of all, thanx for providing all those sweeties along the years.

second, someone opened my eyes regarding the rooting with warranty issue. EU says you should be covered, I hope this article is good enough: http://piana.eu/root
Posted by primusmagestri on 18-12-2012 at 22:11:36
on a different note, there is absolutely no protection against insider info. any protection Samsung is going to put up is going to be just as strong as their weakest knowledgeable employee.

the point is that there are usually devs or testers having access to encryption keys, salts and encryption algorithms. someone WILL disclose eventually.

we just need to find one employee and pay for the disclosure :D
Posted by primusmagestri on 18-12-2012 at 22:26:23
OK, now the reason.

IMEI and other device specific values are stored onto some sort of storage instead of being imprintened onto devices themselves. you root and mess up with that and you easily end up with some sort of hard pillow, let's call it brick. surely, that's manageable but not for free, that's a service offered. by no means it should mean Samsung not offering warranty at all.
Posted by makeyourself on 30-12-2012 at 11:43:37
All that all of the manufacturers need to do is spend the same amount of energy that they spend trying to catch people who have customised their phones in making the phones unbrickable, which is probably simpler and cheaper. Then everyone will be happy. However I get the feeling it's as much about the fact that they explicitly forbade you to gain root privileges over your own phone but you did it anyway!
Posted by Mariosraptor on 05-01-2013 at 14:25:50
i have stated this before and i will say it again.
WE make OEM's what they are. Take a look at HTC. they were once N1 but they screwd up with their bootloaders and traces if you go official and want to relock.

if tomorrow Sammy want to go the same way i will go for another smarter OEM that wants to take my money. Have a look how many left their S2's for Sony devices just to put CM in their QualComm powerd phones.
and if there is none, then hell i will go back and use my Nokia 8800 which has a great long lasting battery.

To conclude. Keep doing what you do and rest assured that WE, the power users really appreciate your hard work and in any time we have a few bucks WE can take you out for a beer.
Cheers. Wish the best.
Posted by nicecm on 08-01-2013 at 15:17:58
Support I9070 Samsung Galaxy S Advance. Please.
Posted by Marco Aurelio on 15-01-2013 at 21:13:40
Need to reset Flash Counter on the I9070 SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 LITE (BRASIL) i was inclined to pay more to this.
Email: m.aurelio@msn.com
Posted by Mark Tan on 17-01-2013 at 04:22:14
The Samsung Galaxy Note II N7105XXDLL7 is really popular in Singapore. Is there going to be support for the resetting counter for this model?
khoontkk@gmail.com
Posted by Scott Petrack on 21-01-2013 at 20:41:12
This thread contains the most intelligent conversation on this important topic I've ever read. Two comments:

1. I'm certain that the respect that Chainfire displays for Samsung engineers is entirely mutual. In fact, one of the reasons that these back-doors are not welded shut with strong encryption is that Samsung knows perfectly well the value of the creativity and hard work that people like Chainfire bring to its platform. You/we shouldn't frame the discussion only in terms of "it's our right to build software" and "it should be a crime to lock it down". That is a way to say "Samsung, yea, it may cost you a bit of money to have to honor the warrantee of a bricked device, or to do the extra development to make your devices unbrickable. But that should just be a cost of doing business. An unbrickable phone is better and ultimately saves you money, so suck it up and make the investment." No, the OEMs need to be reminded that their phones are more valuable because their owners can, well, OWN them. Chainfire is doing a bigger favor for Samsung by developing than Samsung is doing for Chainfire by not locking down the phones. **That's** why it's in Samsung's interest to keep them open (or at least openable).
2. If things start to get bad -- phones start to get really locked down, and it starts to look like "war" -- there is a precedent for how to proceed. I doubt that the it will be possible to make free openness an entitlement. But surely the situation can be made to take a page from today's carrier phone locking rules: carriers can lock down the phones they allow on their network with strong encryption, but they are legally required to sell unlock keys at some "reasonable" price. In our case, the cost of the key would cover the expense of the risk incurred to the OEM for continuing to honor the warrantee. (My guess is that if such an "unlock code" cost 1 penny it would more than cover the additional risk, but that's not the point). The OEMs could just reuse the entire infrastructure that manages phone locking today -- in addition to "carrier" and "factory" and "network" unlock codes, there would now be a "software" unlock code. BTW, Windows Phone basically does this already today.
Don't get me wrong -- I certainly hope that it never comes to this. (And I hope that Microsoft lives to regret the software locks that it places on every Windows Phone). But in the not-too-distant future, every phone will be a computer and every computer will be a phone. Ensuring the openness of the world's computing fabric is far too important to turn it into an "us" vs. "them" war where it's even vaguely imaginable that "we" might lose.
Luckily for all of us -- **ALL** of us (you me and Samsung too) we have guys like Chainfire on our side. We don't need no favors from Samsung.
scott.petrack@gmail.com

and for that reason, people like him (you) are Should things ever start to get "bad" (i.e. OEMs start to **really** lock down the software on our phones), I
Posted by CarbonFighter on 31-01-2013 at 16:06:17
What Triangle Away version works with the my Samsung GTI9100?

My SGS2 (4.0.4) facts:

PDA: I9100XWLQ2
Phone: I9100XXLQ6
SiyahKernel S2-v5.0.1 and notihng ROM only root

Thanks for answer, because I do not will brick my device.
Thanks a lot for goot work Chainfire.

Beast wishers
CarbonFighter
Posted by park han soo on 01-02-2013 at 06:57:25
etc
Posted by Sh0n_ on 10-02-2013 at 10:03:05
i tried partitioning my sd card on my samsung galaxy s duos s7562 and when i restarted the screen went black. The phone refused to come on and when i plugged it to my system the laptop could not identify it. pls what can be done"
Posted by Don on 11-02-2013 at 19:51:33
On reasons why a company would not provide warranty to an *non-standard* phone:

#1. A company has to educate it's technical support employees about *standard* fixes. A rooted/unlocked device is by no means *standard*. I think this is the primary reason they prefer to only give warranty to stock devices.

There is very little analysis done by technical support. Its a list of if-then-else scenarios that lead up to a fix, replacement or denial of service.

The smartest people in the company is making and designing the device. They could probably fix any problem caused by root or lightning ---but they are not running technical/warranty support.

Simply put, it's easier for a company to just deny service if the device state is *un-familiar* instead of hiring competent people that can analyze a specific problem and find a fix.

#2. This is sort of like the XDA mentality of "using search first". There will be a multitude of ways a device can be fixed. But, time and effort must be given. Companies design these "locking" mechanisms so the average to semi-power user is dis-incentive-d to hack a device.

#3. Basically, this is what they are saying:

If you are smart enough to get around the lock, you should be smart enough to fix problems caused by it ---or find/pay someone to fix it for you.

You paid us to make a complex device for you, and to an extent, will support it if it fails on you after we made it. Just don't "loosen this (software)screw" as the things behind it, when broken will cost us more than what we have profited from your payment if we fix it.

#4. If a device costs X amount to make, if you expect instant replacement warranty, be prepared to pay 2X+profit to buy the device. If you expect no warranty, you pay X+profit only. Thankfully, we mostly pay for devices somewhere in between.

Companies actually incorporate the failure rate of a device to its pricing. If they allow their devices to be unlocked easily, warranty premiums will skyrocket.

#5. With this I end with an idea. All that device lockdown and warranty limits allows companies to sell the device much cheaper.

Imagine paper, you can fold it as you will and write on it as you want after you have bought some. But, you don't see paper companies giving warranty support on crumpled paper.

The price of paper would skyrocket if suddenly there was a law that required paper companies to provide warranty on crumpled paper. Or, paper companies would just find a way to lockdown paper so normal users would not be able to crumple it.
Posted by msasm on 18-02-2013 at 18:17:25
plz offer support for s7562 with stock 4.0.4 and root access it can't find hidden partion please help
Posted by E86C63 on 24-02-2013 at 07:14:51
What Triangle Away version works with the my Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I939?

Thanks for answer, because I do not will brick my device.
Thanks a lot for goot work Chainfire.
Posted by comolungma on 25-02-2013 at 01:21:56
Will "triangle away" support n8005(turkey) ? I really need that. We all need. Just please
Posted by kancencanga on 25-02-2013 at 01:22:53
Please support galaxy note 10.1 n8005(turkey).
Posted by kancencanga on 25-02-2013 at 01:22:53
Please support galaxy note 10.1 n8005(turkey).
Posted by toysonline on 25-02-2013 at 19:26:04
hello, please support Galaxy Note GT-N7000 with 4.1.2
Posted by rama on 01-03-2013 at 19:02:53
i9082 support please
Posted by senan on 03-03-2013 at 10:37:57
please support gt-s7500 .cyanogenmod released for it.I tried but triangle away stops every time.
Posted by Senan on 03-03-2013 at 11:28:19
Supoort for GT-S7500
Posted by GT-S7500 on 06-03-2013 at 12:41:05
Support gt-7500
Posted by camne on 07-03-2013 at 16:16:31
Here's what I believe to be the simple and obvious compromise regarding software voiding the hardware warranty:

If you take your device in for hardware problems, the first step the repair tech takes is to re-flash the device back to factory standard software.

Then repair the hardware (if the standard software doesn't fix the problem), and hand it back to the owner.

If a person is able to load custom software in the first place, it should be safe to assume they do regular backups, right?
Posted by SAMSUNG on 07-03-2013 at 19:42:27
Triangle Away not working on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT- i9082
Posted by Chainfire on 10-03-2013 at 22:16:56
@Max I did take and understand your point - even if I don't agree with it in this situation. The reason I deleted your post is not because of your opinion (I don't agree with lots of people/comments), it's that you choose to resort to insults to get your point across. I don't believe for a second you came here for a real conversation or debate ... as is apparent from your second comment.
Posted by Rejo on 11-03-2013 at 13:13:48
Pls help triangle away is not working on samsung galaxy grand duos GT-I9082. my binary counter shows 3.pls help..i dont want to void my warranty its only 2 days i bought this phone.
Posted by Rex noster on 14-03-2013 at 02:09:33
Thanks for TriangleAway.apk. I just sent 10 euro your way.

I wish you would reconsider putting *any* apps in the google store. These people have most decidedly gone darkside.
Posted by GTA112010 on 16-03-2013 at 05:57:49
support for GT-I9082 galaxy grand duos..
Posted by JoshK on 16-03-2013 at 16:32:53
I think this is a great idea! I wish it would wok on my device though, I have a galaxy player 3.6. It reset the flashcount to 0 but the triangle is still there. Great app though!
Posted by Ivan on 18-03-2013 at 09:05:10
Hi,

Triangle Away is not support android v2.3.6? My device is GT-S7500. I was try and not support, feel abit disappointed. Please help and support of Android v2.3.6 and Galaxy ace plus (GT-S7500). Thanks.
Posted by Usama on 19-03-2013 at 20:02:43
hi.

Please add support for Galaxy s duos..
you can find details about this phone here

and the dump file from here

Thanks In Adv...
please Help!
Posted by MeteoTorre on 20-03-2013 at 07:38:28
Hi, kindly, even being a person who regularly bought the program through the store, I ask you to implement it for the Samsung S7562. Furthermore, kindly a guide both for the use that for all functions of the program. Thank you.
Posted by omega68 on 24-03-2013 at 12:04:31
Hi Chainfire !
Thank you ! My device Samsung Galaxy mini2 (GT-S6500), stock rom and root. Very good work Triangle Away 2.9 apk ! Counter: 0, and Official rom, yellow triangle is no !!!

Thank you very much !!
Posted by Lawrence on 24-03-2013 at 16:44:16
Hi!Chainfire,the new triangleaway 2.90 doesnt work on i9260 althought the list shows supported :)
Posted by sinbad21 on 27-03-2013 at 11:12:00
Me too, the counter is reset to 0 but the yellow triangle is still here. Are these two things separate processes ?

My device : Samsung Galaxy S Player 4.2
Posted by Senan on 29-03-2013 at 16:04:53
Thank you very much.It resetted my GT-S7500 even in gingerbread.
Posted by bovey on 05-04-2013 at 15:02:26
lease support
Samsung Galaxy Premier GT-I9268
I am suffering from hardware problems and Samsung reject warranty since my device was rooted
Posted by bovey on 05-04-2013 at 15:02:27
lease support
Samsung Galaxy Premier GT-I9268
Posted by midas on 06-04-2013 at 04:33:43
I9100?
Posted by chiller on 09-04-2013 at 04:47:12
All I want to do is add stuff to my stock rom on my note2 n7100 which is not supported by samsung... eg the xperia z walkman app and then remove the bloatware I dont need using titanium backup. To do this I need to root but in doing so, I loose the right to ota updates.

I wanted to use triangle away to regain access to the ota updates nothing more and yet now samsung have branded me as a evil hacker and even triangle away cant help me.

I hope you continue your hard work and fight for our right to do what we want with or devices (so long as it doesn't affect the hardware)

I would be happy to pay for your tool if samsung made it even harder to work.
Posted by Patrick on 09-04-2013 at 07:56:11
My device is Samsung GT-i9268, it similar with i9260, by different TELECOMS VENDORS.

Wish you can schedule GT-i9268 in next release, thanks a lot.
Posted by nmweizi on 11-04-2013 at 02:48:07
Samsung Galaxy Note II SCH-N719 is not supported by TriangleAway v2.90
file at
Posted by Myy on 15-04-2013 at 22:51:08
Fully agree with the author.
Posted by Zinganazdkrear on 21-04-2013 at 00:51:04
not work for the GT-I8190L you could do something please.
Posted by Klez on 09-05-2013 at 09:05:11
please make triangleaway support for note 8.0 / n5100. thank you very much.
Posted by sMoke_mAcHiNe on 22-05-2013 at 20:49:40
i need your help please!! i have instaled on my samsung galaxy s3 gt-i9300 2 of your programs... 1 of them is SU PROversion and the other is triangle away...i can make updates of firmware but when is installing it stops every time on 25%...any sugestions??
Posted by jb on 24-05-2013 at 13:17:15
From ideas in the other comments and things I have been thinking about for some time, here is my idea for a fair compromise:

0. There are one or more hardware PROM-like fuse which is automatically fried if an electrical montoring circuit detects overclocking, overvoltage on the plugs, water damage etc. So such
hardware-destroying events can void the hardware warranty independently of any software. For instance the overclocking fuse is burnt if too many clock pulses occur in a single second.

1. In the phone board or SoC design put a hardware lock which prevents overwriting the first 64K (or some such small number) of bytes in the main flash chip. Put the first stage bootloader, IMEI, MAC and a few other immutable things there during manufacturing, then burn a old school PROM fuse to block all later changes. One of those things would be a manufacturer public key used for signing official second stage bootloaders.

2. There is an official second stage bootloader, which will chainload any 3rd party unlocked bootloader, but will refuse to run if it's signed code does not contain a copy of the device MAC or IMEI (some devices only have one of the two).

3. A signed copy of the unlock bootloader is available from the manufacturer web site in exchange for entering the serial number and paying a small fee for a warranty plus service. The order procedure includes a step that technically verifies possession of the specified phone, so you cannot easily buy a bootloader to hack someone else's phone without their consent. The download bundle also includes any required GPL source for that phone and the inclusion of the unlock hopefully satisfies GPL3 requirements.

4. When checking for hardware flaws, the repair tech inserts a custom SD card with a "tech support" bootloader (not IMEI specific), which runs the stock firmware with preinstalled tech support test programs from the SD card (Apple stores do the same when you bring in your broken MAC). This way none of your data is lost (the fault you are complaining about may have prevented you from making your usual backup!).

5. If the hardware test shows broken hardware that can be replaced without replacing the flash chip, this is done and you get back your phone with your unchanged data and software.

6. If the hardware test shows broken hardware that requires a new mainboard, the test software on the service SD card does a nandroid backup of both flash (including recovery and bootloader) and internal sd card to a blank area on the test SD card, and the tech then takes out a replacement board/phone and restores your data and code onto the new board. As part of the process, if you have the special paid unlock bootloader for the old serial number, you are given one for the new board serial number as part of the replacement procedure.

7. If the hardware test shows no problems, but booting from your installed flash fails, the tech will offer to reflash stock firmware from a copy on the tech SD card, you may accept or decline, but if you decline, no further troubleshooting is done.

8. Now the tech will test if things work with the recommended factory firmware and follow his usual yes/no procedures for determining known forms of bad settings etc.

Notice how there is no increase in tech support costs (in fact, the bootable tech SD card will speed up testing even of stock phones, as the tech will have less initial gymnastics to do with lock screens etc.), also notice how the reflash offering equally covers a failed OTA update that bricked the phone.

To prevent abuse of lost/stolen tech SD cards for stealing data of phones, they refuse to boot unless connected to the shop WiFi or shop computer USB cable (whichever port is not broken) of the repair shop they have been assigned to, with card blacklisting a routine back office operation in the shop.
Posted by Marcus on 24-05-2013 at 16:44:56
That we i'm related to typically the issue, or maybe there is getting some sort of not going development, because of the writer for around his or her own attempt as well as time, Therefore i became attractive amazing to educate yourself about the thing.
<a href="http://www.essay.cc/research-paper">buy research paper New Jersey</a>
Posted by Joshua on 29-05-2013 at 12:31:14
Please add support for the Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5100 3G+Wifi
Posted by Deborah on 29-05-2013 at 15:30:32
Hi,

Please I am looking to see if anyone can help me track my Galaxy S3 that someone stole from me on March 26. Please it is urgent as I do not have my 6month old childs pcitures and videos backed up or uploaded to my computer...anyone that can help please email at imade_oke@hotmail.com thanks!
Posted by buggz on 29-05-2013 at 20:38:32
Used this on my Sprint S4, after using your CF Auto Root.
Seems to work, though, in setting, about device, Status, Device status shows Custom.
Purchased anyway...
Posted by Isiah on 04-06-2013 at 08:10:55
@jb I agree with all of those ideas, and see all of them as some really good ones.

@dvdclub Google gets virtually nothing from their software or from anything Android-related. 99% of their income comes from advertising, and I'm feel like I'm still underestimating on that one.

In reference to countless other comments blaming Google, Samsung, and various carriers, I would be inclined to agree with all of them except Google. My biggest reason is twofold: Google executives are constantly complaining about the patent landscape, in which this is extremely related to, and they have maintained their Nexus series, their trademark line of one phone and two tablets with the latest version of Android, as exclusively unlocked, and in the case of their phone, unlocked and with untethered GSM support. They also have elected to keep the Android OS free and open source, to where I have even heard of people installing it on former iOS devices such as the iPod Touch. That last one is only a secondary reason.
Posted by Rockreaper on 12-06-2013 at 20:50:08
Please... can you make the triangle away compatible with the galaxy s4 i9500....
Posted by n0ak on 04-07-2013 at 11:21:42
+1 for Samsung galaxy chat GT-B5330 sir. pleaseeeee
Posted by tboss1995 on 09-07-2013 at 21:07:16
In EU, the law makes that rooting does not void your warranty, unless the manufacturer can prove that your action has broken the device. (Remember that correlation is not causation).

More information here :
Posted by komdephiler on 10-07-2013 at 18:48:31
I hazard a guess some maufacturers sick of noobs RMA phone because they bricked it due to not understanding basic rules regarding backups, partion tables and not grasping how other people's code operates. I used to service hardware once and it sucked so mainly dp aecurity and code now.
I use stock firmware then modify things how I like it qhile removing all the crap that is not needed for the phone to operate. I don't like being tracked or poor code, but appreciate good 3rd party code that I don't have to write. I don't like the idea of manufacturers encrypting stuff I need in order to get my code to run. I don't release stuff to community that noobs can brick their phpne with or that can be used to exploit security flaws unless I see it ansolutely vital for power users to gain control of their property and not be spied on by companies and government. Thanks for your work. :) sorry about my giant fingers hitting the odd key and my lazy edit. Your code very good.
Posted by Nolan on 13-08-2013 at 07:10:05
Will the firefox OS have any effect on locked bootloaders?
The question I think I am trying to ask is: can you get root in the firefox OS easily?
Posted by Ophir on 25-08-2013 at 15:16:13
Plaese Please Please do not leave us I9500 users without a solution.
Thanks
Posted by fahdbhatti on 28-08-2013 at 02:43:18
Triangle away for I9500 please please please............. :s
Posted by Matt on 29-08-2013 at 10:19:03
the same as above with regards to the i9500 users... it will be greatly appreciated.
Posted by Matt on 29-08-2013 at 10:19:19
Posted by mehdi on 14-09-2013 at 22:41:53
GT-I9500??pls...
Posted by karan on 26-09-2013 at 09:38:36
hi. m using a rooted samsung galaxy s3. i just downloaded superuser elite, superuser update fixer and triangle away on my samsung galaxy s3 GTI9300. immediately afterwards the superuser icon on my device turned black and two bones came under it in the logo just like a danger sign. now my device is not working properly and every time i restart by pulling out the battery and then plugging it back in, it freezes up again within a few seconds and doesnt work at all. please help asap
Posted by Nishant Dubey on 09-10-2013 at 13:38:36
Big fan of chainfire....
Just waiting for u to make Triangle Away compatible with S4 GT I9500 .....
U'll get a beer from me for that....that's for sure
Posted by beta ardiansyah on 03-11-2013 at 10:20:52
Hi, I am a SGN II user. Couple hours ago I bought triangle away from google play, but when I tried to use it,it failed todownload additional file and said "fatal error bla bla bla".So, I have refund my purchased..
Does anyone know what happend?is there any solution for that?
Thank You so much for your kind help and very sorry for my bad English.

Regards

Beta.Ardiansyah
Beta.ardiansyah@gmail.com
Posted by Ali Ali on 06-11-2013 at 15:25:24
Hello,

Kindly, can you make Triangle Away working for GT-I9502
That we be very gentle from you.

BR,
Ali
Posted by Gunman on 14-11-2013 at 11:50:12
This working ?
Posted by unicom on 18-11-2013 at 14:19:25
I am a Samsung GT9502, a variaty of S4 user.
Can Triangle Away work on GT9502?
If not, can I use the software on 9502 later?
Thanks a lot !
Posted by Johny on 24-11-2013 at 22:43:57
Great job. Thanks for all. Now we needed the triangle away compatible with the galaxy Galaxy Tab 3 P5200/P5210/P5220. Can you make ... ?
Posted by eusebio la rosa on 20-12-2013 at 06:18:55
i whant to download it
Posted by frank on 30-12-2013 at 02:31:02
Hola
Posted by hepter on 04-01-2014 at 22:04:30
we want to new triangle away for Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 .plsss
Posted by Ashray on 09-01-2014 at 14:45:04
Please Make i9500 available...
Posted by camilo on 20-01-2014 at 01:31:39
s3 esta disponibler, gracias
Posted by marsch52 on 20-01-2014 at 19:35:32
Are you looking at setting this up for the 8" Samsung Galaxy Tab3 model SM-T310 WiFi? I have the zip file if you need it.

Posted by logan on 21-01-2014 at 19:02:09
Merci pour lappli
Posted by Andrew on 26-01-2014 at 19:03:58
Triangle Away works for SGH-I547C, too! Thanks!
Posted by Jeremy on 02-02-2014 at 21:04:40
Knox is going to make me hold to this S3 with deodexed MK3 4.3 until the phone dies. Thanks to you Chainfire for triangle away...and CNexus for this Rom. If I DO ever upgrade, I might pass on warranties in lieu of updated tweaks. I don't support over locking as well as many here.
Posted by Alfred on 06-02-2014 at 15:22:33
Works on Samsung Galaxy Fame GT-S6810M??
Posted by tolga on 19-02-2014 at 13:02:52
Hi SM-N900 device triangleaway tried to reset the counter would be included in the program, but later when I noticed that the N900 can include work good work good day
Posted by Mare on 22-02-2014 at 05:30:17
triangle away for galaxy note 10.1 2014 (sm-p600), is it supported?
Posted by Dominik on 27-02-2014 at 11:47:48
Hi there,

I have got a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. As I heard there would be an eFUSE in the Galaxy Note 3. Does anyone know if that's also the case for the Note 10.1 2014?

Thanks
Posted by Al on 11-03-2014 at 19:51:37
I think that this program has a very valid and useful application. If I purchase a windows machine (no yelling at me) and I put Linux on it does this void my warranty? I think the same should go for devices we purchase, we need to push back on companies that feel they still own the hardware if we decide to install and develop what we feel is fair. I have never overclocked a device but I will root it to remove the bloat ware and potentially backdoors that companies feel they need to put in these tablets or phablets or phones. If I were under contract with a phone company I would not care too much to hack the OS, if I on the other hand purchase the device outright and own the hardware contained in that device and it breaks, not because I did something stupid to it (like bricking it myself) I would still search for a warranty case. Does it makes sense?
Posted by ProPapersWriting on 22-03-2014 at 20:32:21
Discover Your Groove and Motivation
"I've found that setting the disposition helps … obviously, you need to research your theme, blueprint your story, or realize what you are discussing, however once you've settled on the essential substance of the substance, you need to get your brain in the ideal spot.
Wrench up some disposition music, light some scented candles or some incense. Take your portable computer into the recreation center. Do whatever it takes to control your settings so you are quiet, then let the words spill out.

This is the place the best, most liquid substance hails from."

Visit Here: http://www.propaperswriting.com/buy-master-thesis-online/

(This is a trap for bad people - don't input website)

You may use tags like [b], [u], [i], [url], [quote], [code], [pre], etc